Monday, June 15, 2009

A Technique Challenge!

Good morning everyone and welcome to our CCEE Stamper blog. Are you ready for another challenge!

This week our challenge hostess Charlene Merrick has given us a technique challenge .... most of us enjoy technique challenge! This week the technique is to create a Tri Shutter card. This was actually a technique challenge over on SCS a few week's back TLC221, however as Charlene didn't get around to creating one then she decided to include it in this month's challenge. You will find a great tutorial by Bonnie Szwalkiewicz here.

So are you going to play along this week??? All you need to do is to create a tri shutter card that . Once you have created your card/project come back here and place a comment with a link to your card/project to this post so that we can see what you created. If you upload your card/project to SCS don't forget to include the keyword CCEEC. As this was also a technique challenge a few weeks back over on SCS you may also wish to include the keyword TLC221 if you upload it to SCS. We can't wait to see what you create!

OK now it i s time to check out what the CCEE Stampers created this week.


Tosh Leyendekker - Stamp Talk with Tosh



Cindy Motherway - This is My Story


This is what I feel like when my friends tell me I have to do a technique!!


For a list of all the mistakes I made, see my glob! Snort!

Deb Mills - Feeding My Soul




11 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Everyone did a great job with their tri-shutter cards! I love seeing the different directions we went with this challenge! Thanks for playing, my friends!

Sabrina said...

LOL at Cindy-the-cat. What gorgeous cards they all are, and I didn't even get my early morning look at them as DH was getting up late, so I did too. Looking forward to another chance to try this, always easier second time round when you have a feel of what will work.

Carolyn King said...

FABULOUS cards ladies! You all knocked it out of the park on these--love the variety....(and I am with cindy---scary technique)

Pat(foxy67) said...

All thse are absolutely fantastic, Beautiful, but I know for sure that Cindy's cat is definately me. You all did an awesume job on these.You are all apluded(sp)

Traci M said...

Wow, I am so impressed with all of your cards for this challenge!! The colors, the designs, the fun ideas, the crazy cat!!
So I tried one out, mine isn't intricately detailed nor is it in season like Charlene's fishin card...but here ya go. Thanks for the fun challenge Charlene!
http://tracimajor.blogspot.com/2009/06/its-most-wonderful-timehuh.html#comments

Beverly G said...

Charlene--what a challenge!!
I've had a Cindy's cat day, but really had a great time with this card. Loved all your samples.
Here's my card
Thanks,
Beverly Gotthardt

Cathy Spicer said...

Great cards and I have to admit I feel the same as Cindy when it comes to techniques! That's why I 'neglected' to try the slice and dice when it was posted on SCS. However, you've convinced me to give it a whirl. A few paper cuts and a dozen refolds later, I present Cat’s Creation.

Sabrina said...

I finally made it along. It was meant to be easier second time round, I thought!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1387506?cat=500&ppuser=133118
There's a closed photo in the gallery too...
At least that's DH's birthday card done and dusted while he havers about what he would actually like as a present!

Sharon said...

Hi Ladies, your cards look fabulous as usual! I have been wanting to try a trifold card so took up the challenge

Here is my card
http://cardsbyrequest.blogspot.com/2009/06/ccee-technique-challenge-trifold.html

Thanks
Sharon

Deb said...

Hi Ladies,
Hope I've made it in time for Trifold challenge. All your cards look fabulous.
Here's my card
http://debscardsandscrapbooking.blogspot.com/2009/06/ccee-technique-challenge-trifold.html

Judy Rozema said...

I still have not tried one of these cards yet and I love the way they look. Yours are all wonderful!!

Cindy, that CAT scared me more than the technique would!! (But I am not generally a tekkie!! lol)